Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Classmates Presentations

We just finished our power points on epic films. We had to watch epic films and compare them to Lord of The Rings. Everybody chose great movies to compare them to. The movie that I compared Lord of The Rings to was 300. Out of my whole presentation I realized how Lord of The Rings and 300 had very similar scenes. Both of Frodo and King Leonidas left their homes to keep them safe. Also King Leonidas and Frodo were both out numbered in their armies. In Lord of The Rings there were these evil things set out to destroy Frodo called “Orcs.” In 300 they also faced evil things that wanted to destroy King Leonidas and his army called “Immortals.” Also when I was going through Vincent’s power point I noticed that in Braveheart there were a lot of similarities between 300. Knowing that they are almost the same makes me want to see Braveheart even more.
The first person that went up was Reece. His epic film was on Matrix Revolutions. I haven’t seen this movie, but by how Reece explained it he makes me want to see it. At the same time I feel like I’ll get lost throughout the movie. One of the things I remembered out of Reece’s power point was the fighting scene with Neo and Morpheus. It was really cool because at first Neo didn’t know how to fight then all of a sudden he knew kung fu.
            The next person was Vincent. His epic analysis was over Braveheart. I haven’t seen Braveheart, but it looks pretty good. It reminds a lot about 300.  Out of Vincent’s presentation the one thing I remembered were the heroes’ traits. Frodo and William share almost the same type of traits. They are brave, strong, and tough. They aren’t afraid of anything. They will do anything to keep the people they love safe. Another thing I liked was how he talked the type of music that was in the movies and they change throughout the scens.

            Dalton’s presentation was on Saving Private Ryan. After watching his power point I noticed that the theme in both of the movies are almost the same. Both Frodo and Captain Miller leave their home in order to keep it safe. I think that they are really brave for leaving their place of home, were they themselves feel safe in. If I ever get the chance I would love to see the movie.
            The last person to go was Jordon. She used Pirates of The Caribbean. I’ve seen this movie before so I knew what she was talking about. In her power point I realized how both of the heroes had many guides to help them out. The scene that I remembered the most out of the whole movie was where. They also share the same type of traits. Also both of them fight for the people they love and will stop at nothing to keep them safe. I’ve always loved the Pirates of The Caribbean movies and I can see myself watching this movie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment